Create a system repair disc
- Open Backup and Restore by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Backup and Restore.
- In the left pane, click Create a system repair disc, and then follow the steps. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
If you're prompted to insert a Windows installation disc, it means that the files needed to create the system repair disc can't be found on your computer. Insert a Windows 7 installation disc.
To use the system repair disc
- Insert the system repair disc into your CD or DVD drive.
- Restart your computer using the computer's power button.
- If prompted, press any key to start the computer from the system repair disc.
- If your computer isn't configured to start from a CD or DVD, check the information that came with your computer.
- You might need to change your computer's BIOS settings.
- Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
- Select a recovery option, and then click Next.
Print these instructions and keep them in a safe location with your system repair disc.